GPRO - AUS & NZ Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GPRO - AUS & NZ Forum

Forum specifically for Australian & NZ GPRO managers.

+62
GrantHollington
Glenn Harvey
jason pradun
Gary Greenwood
Austshadow
John Smith
Collin Bennett
Frazer Skinner
Daryl Ridley
Russell Evans
Allan Waring
Paul Judd
Stephen Smith
vulkan
Nicholas Carpenter
Troy Dougill
onekawaquin
Luke Wheeler
Craig Slapp
thestigoz
Riley Morrell
Mairo Toom
Brad McLeod
James Malcolm
Hudd
wayne steele
Sam Payne
Tony Hawke
Rafal Jurowski
Adam Lane
Phil Cook
Tom Wells
Michael Azar
Paul Greaney
Stewart James
Wendy Burroughs
Justin Dove
eman100
Brendon Avery
Blair Horrell
Cale Murray
David Maher
Nathaniel Williams
LeRoy72
Matt Murray
Garry Wedlock
horas
scott reed
Steven Hill
Larry Watkins
Daniel Batt
Mick Sheahan
Matthew_Wheeler
Kevin Johnstone
Martin Britain
Jason Winthrop
Kevin Lam
Mark Stone
Richard Robinson
Luke Frost
Alex Benjamin
Admin
66 posters

Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum)

Sam Payne
    Sam Payne
    V8 Development Driver
    V8 Development Driver

Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum) - Page 7 Empty Re: Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum)

Post by Sam Payne March 4th 2013, 12:23

welcome frazer... good luck in your first race Smile
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum) - Page 7 Empty Re: Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum)

Post by Luke Frost March 5th 2013, 14:54

Hey Frazer!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the game and the site. Now you've been accepted take a look at some of the stuff provided in the box to the right. This can help you come to terms with some of the basics of the game in a more simplified way (so you can just race to WIN!! Smiley grin)

Good luck!
    Alex Benjamin
    Alex Benjamin
    V8 Supercars Driver
    V8 Supercars Driver

Post by Alex Benjamin March 6th 2013, 11:10

Welcome Frazer! There is a lot to take in, so if your not sure don't be scared to ask someone Smile We're all rather friendly around here
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost March 11th 2013, 05:49

pocoklaci might mean something foreign in a dirty language or vice versa. Either way for his possible disrespectful attitude he will no longer have access to the forum.
    Collin Bennett
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Collin Bennett March 11th 2013, 23:52

Hi guys, nice to see a few fellow aussies and kiwis
    Stewart James
    Stewart James
    Formula Ford Driver
    Formula Ford Driver

Post by Stewart James March 12th 2013, 01:02

Welcome to the family Collin.
    Jason Winthrop
    V8 Development Driver
    V8 Development Driver

Post by Jason Winthrop March 12th 2013, 05:53

Hi Collin,

Welcome to the forum. Have a look around and if you need any help just shout out. The newbie guides are a good place to start you can find them on the right hand tab.
    Sam Payne
    Sam Payne
    V8 Development Driver
    V8 Development Driver

Post by Sam Payne March 12th 2013, 09:50

welcome bro!
    John Smith
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by John Smith April 19th 2013, 13:30

Heyo, newbie here Introduce yourself! (welcome to the forum) - Page 7 650269930

Looking forward to helping out as much as I can
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost April 19th 2013, 13:41

Welcome to the forum and also the game Johnny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqRKKncwYI no elllbbooowwwsss Johnny..... Smile
    you're breaking my heart nooowww Joohhhnnnyy.... Smile

If you have any game-related questions there are a lot of active users here who would be happy to assist in getting you to the front of the field!
    Austshadow
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Austshadow February 7th 2017, 12:32

G'day Guys.
    My name is Howard, go by the nick of Austshadow.
    From Bundaberg and been playing GPRO for a few seasons now.
    Gary Greenwood
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Gary Greenwood March 18th 2017, 08:59

Gday guys, I'm Gazz from Alice Springs. 
    Been racing since season 39 and still got heaps more to learn yet.
    Warwick
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Warwick February 8th 2021, 11:58

Hey Guys,

Im Warwick and i currently live in Toowoomba. Been racing for a couple of years now and i am currently sitting in Pro trying to work out the best way to stay there. 

Was super lucky to jag a spot at STR super early in my GPRO career and they have helped me get a decent grip on how the game works.

Looking forward to helping other Aussies get involved in the game.
    jason pradun
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by jason pradun February 8th 2021, 13:56

Hi - middling amateur. made it to pro, but still perplexed by some of the nuances of the "game"
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost February 8th 2021, 17:30

Welcome guys Smile
    Glenn Harvey
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Glenn Harvey February 9th 2021, 03:06

G'day folks, looking forward to the tips...
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost February 9th 2021, 05:46

Welcome all. Check out the Shortcut sticky on the right. 

All new members are approved and added to the AUS & NZ members group*. 

*except these people who cannot be confirmed as Aussies on GPRO due to username: 

aurelseag
    berhenx
    DeetlefsG
    aabdel
    Austshadow
    GrantHollington
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by GrantHollington February 10th 2021, 01:41

Hey guys, thanks for the invite!
    chris_wood
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by chris_wood February 10th 2021, 09:48

Afternoon guys!

I am Chris and I live in the Hawkesbury area near Sydney.

Recently missed out on retaining in PRO by a single point (a whole thing!) and it has thrown out my perfect "GPRO plan". All is well though rebuilding and building towards another push soon. I was a part of the Screw Loose clan and they really help teach me some ins and outs. 

My GPRO two cents: long term success I think comes from securing a young driver (cheaply) and training him like no tomorrow.

Random info: I am 75% through an XC falcon Barra Turbo conversion build (1000hp). I am completing the build for Drag Week 2021 or 2022 (depends on $ later this year...).

Happy to help out where I can  pirat

David Smith likes this post

Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost February 10th 2021, 10:53

Chris, 

Lived in Bligh Park for about 8 years, left in about 2015. Went to the car club events almost every year I was there, we may have met before. Smiley grin

chris_wood likes this post

Warwick
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Warwick February 10th 2021, 12:18

Anyone else living in QLD at the moment?
    David Smith
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by David Smith February 11th 2021, 00:15

Hi I am David from Ipswich in Qld. For recreation I race an MX-5 in Prod Sports and love all things motorsport. I am the pastor of a local church, hence the guys refer to me as "Faster Pastor".
    I was diagnosed with cancer 5 months ago with 13 internal melanomas, of which was declared all clear 3 months later. 
    Once the effects of the treatment is done I hope to be back at the track (QR) on the 20th Feb. 
    Meanwhile my with  GPRO strategy is to go from Amateur to Pro with this driver or I will need to start with a new driver and rebuild funds for another couple of seasons. The next 3 races should help me make that decision. 

All the best guys.

Luke Frost and chris_wood like this post

chris_wood
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by chris_wood February 11th 2021, 01:11

Luke Frost wrote:Chris, 

Lived in Bligh Park for about 8 years, left in about 2015. Went to the car club events almost every year I was there, we may have met before. Smiley grin

It is a mighty small world Luke! Bligh Park is just over the bridge for me, as I am based in North Richmond. We did last week have the pleasure of beating Bligh Park last week in Cricket Wink The might fine battle of East VS West of the Hawkesbury. 
    Loads of motorsport around Sydney, it is fantastic!

Luke Frost likes this post

Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost February 11th 2021, 04:03

chris_wood wrote:

It is a mighty small world Luke! Bligh Park is just over the bridge for me, as I am based in North Richmond. We did last week have the pleasure of beating Bligh Park last week in Cricket Wink The might fine battle of East VS West of the Hawkesbury. 

Just curious do they still have stuff on? 
    Any photos of your car mate? 

I know Hawksbury is a car club town, but I may have seen it before especially if you drive around the Windsor area. Smiley grin
    chris_wood
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by chris_wood February 11th 2021, 04:29

Luke Frost wrote:
    chris_wood wrote:

Just curious do they still have stuff on? 
    Any photos of your car mate? 

I know Hawksbury is a car club town, but I may have seen it before especially if you drive around the Windsor area. Smiley grin

Yeah the car scenes is still pumping. Plenty of car meets and car events going on (generally something to head to every fortnight ish). Eastern Creek has just reopened after its big resurface and all the drag events are well and truly underway. 

What about where you are based? much going on?

XC Falcon Project - Some pics (old -> Middle -> recent ish):
    XC Photos

Specs:
    - Will be a built 4L Barra Turbo (being built soon) - 6466 precision turbo, 3.5 inch exhaust, huge waste gate and aeroflow intercooler 
    - Turbo 400 box - 3 speed maualised auto with trans brake
    - IHRA approved roll cage with removable intrusion and taxi bars
    - Mini tubbed to fit 12.5 inch tires
    - 9 inch diff with a trutac Diff centre (ratio 3.5 from memory)
    - Loads of subtle body mods - stretch quarters, stretched rea bar, custom bonnet, etc etc

Saved her from the wrecking yard in 2017 and have really made some progress over 2020 (a positive to come from covid I guess - time and excuses to "stay home and accidently work on the car")
    Luke Frost
    GP3 Driver
    GP3 Driver

Post by Luke Frost February 11th 2021, 05:00

Haven't seen it around because the colour scheme is so awesome I would've remembered it for sure. She's come up mint brother, good work there!

chris_wood likes this post

Ben de Beus
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Ben de Beus February 11th 2021, 23:46

Hi all. I'm Ben from Penrith NSW.
    I've been playing GPRO for just over a year and have managed to get to Amateur  for the second time this season. I am hoping to learn a lot more about the game to help me stay up and possibly progress further.
    From my 3rd season I started to record most of the data from my races which has helped a lot.
    Warwick
    Go Kart Driver
    Go Kart Driver

Post by Warwick February 12th 2021, 13:10

Ben de Beus wrote:Hi all. I'm Ben from Penrith NSW.
    I've been playing GPRO for just over a year and have managed to get to Amateur  for the second time this season. I am hoping to learn a lot more about the game to help me stay up and possibly progress further.
    From my 3rd season I started to record most of the data from my races which has helped a lot.

Welcome Ben, please tell me you are a Panthers fan. I am looking forward to seeing them go one better this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content